Frequently Asked Questions

How do I enrol and what do I need to bring on enrolment?
You will need to call the centre (ph: 9540 9590) and arrange an appointment to see the centre, a staff member will present you with a package that includes a family handbook, polices and enrolment application form. On enrolment you will need to bring the enrolment application form, all fields on the form will need to be completed, your child's birth certificate, immunisation record, a 2 week bond (which is returned when your child leaves care- you are required to give two weeks written notice to terminate care in order to receive your bond) and a copy of your Assessment notice of Child Care benefit for approved care from the Family Assistance Office.
What do we need to bring?
  • A soft toy for rest/comforter (To be kept in the locker except for rest time)
  • Sun Hat (This can be left at the centre in your child's locker on the days he/she attends. The children receive a hat on enrolment)
  • Bed Linen - Families are to bring bed linen for their child e.g. single bed sheets or cot sheets. The bed linen should be brought on the day your child attends the centre in a drawstring bag and taken home fortnightly to be washed.
  • Underwear/Nappies and Socks
  • Jumper (for outdoors if weather changes)

Clothing Suggestions

The Centre has reverse cycle air-conditioning that is set appropriately according to the outdoor climate.


  • T-shirt/Thin top with sleeves
  • Sandals or closed in shoes e.g. joggers
  • Shorts (due to children climbing on equipment we suggest not wearing skirts or dresses)


  • Thin long sleeve top and T-shirt (for indoor play)
  • Closed in shoes e.g. joggers
  • Long pants (e.g. tracksuit)

Note: Please ensure that pants can be easily removed by children when going to the toilet.

How do we pay our fees?
We accept cash, cheque or direct transfer. Fees must be paid weekly.
Do we pay for public holidays and when our child is absent from care?
Fees must be paid for all absences and on public holidays. We close down for two weeks at Christmas at this time no fees are charged. Make up days can be arranged if there are vacancies.
Do you toilet train?
Yes we do, we work closely with each family to ensure we are consistent with your home routine.
How many weeks are you open in a year?
We are opened for 50 weeks; we close for 2 weeks during the Christmas break (Dec/Jan).
My child has an allergy can you cater for her/his needs?
KAZ Early Learning Centre is committed to working with families in managing the environment and the program to provide a safe place for children who are anaphylactic or have allergies. Our primary contact staff are trained in first aid and have undertaken anaphylaxis training. Courses are taken every three years to ensure skills are kept up to date.
My child is sick how long do they need to be excluded from care?
Please refer to our Health & Illness Policy and NHMRC Recommended Minimum Exclusion Periods.